Lucky Pigeon Brewing is Maine’s first dedicated gluten-free craft brewery, with a 7-barrel brewhouse and tasting room located in Biddeford’s historic Pepperell Mill. We are seeking a self-starter with strong organizational and problem-solving skills to join our team as the Packaging Specialist. Our ideal candidate will have commercial brewery experience, but we are willing to train the right individual.
The Packaging Specialist reports to the Head Brewer and should have excellent attention to detail, a positive attitude, and strong communication skills. Lucky Pigeon is building a culture where all team members are encouraged to contribute ideas to continually improve our operations. We are a young brewery with the potential for you to grow your career in the brewing industry as we grow our business.
Essential Duties and Expectations:
- Beer Packaging Operations:
- Coordination of scheduled packaging runs.
- Can filling, weighing, and labeling on semi-automated Wild Goose system.
- Can seam measurement, machine maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- CIP/SIP of packaging equipment and cellar tanks.
- Keg cleaning on semi-automated machine and manual keg filling.
- Beer carbonation and monitoring of CO2 levels with Zahm & Nagel tester.
- Assistance with packaging inventory management (cans, ends, labels, PakTechs, case trays).
- Assistance with cellar work and fermentation monitoring.
- Assistance with yeast harvesting, yeast cell counts, and QC/QA work.
- Assistance with brewing operations (ingredient handling, spent grain handling, general cleaning).
- Safe operation of all equipment, including chemical handling and wearing PPE.
- Clear, respectful, and productive communication with Head Brewer, ownership, and coworkers.
- Understanding of the brewing process, with a commitment to beer quality and the requirements of gluten-free brewing operations.
- Updating and maintaining batch logs and various Excel spreadsheets.
- Adherence to brewery standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and presentable workspace.
- Weekly beer deliveries to local wholesale accounts.
- Additional duties may be added as deemed necessary by ownership.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and be comfortable working on your feet.
- Capable of lifting and moving 60 lbs. above shoulder height.
- Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving habits.
- Schedule flexibility (potential early mornings or afternoon/evening shifts; weekend cellar rotation).
Compensation and Benefits:
This role will be a full-time, hourly position averaging 40 hours per week. We offer competitive wages (hourly compensation rate commensurate with experience), and benefits including health benefits, PTO, employee beer and other brewery perks.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Lucky Pigeon Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.